Ration, Apex Book Company, 2019.
- Fiction Winner: Montana Book Festival Regional Emerging Writers Contest (“Reservations”), 2016. Judged by Jeffery Renard Allen.
- Finalist: Prime Number Magazine Awards for Short Fiction (“Reservations”)
- Notable Story: storySouth Million Writers Award (“Horticulture”)
- Finalist: CutBank Chapbook Contest (“Fence”)
- Honorable Mention: Doug Fir Fiction Award (“Reservations”)
- Finalist: Iron Horse Literary Review Single-Author Issue Competition (“Reservations”)
“Reservations’ is a deeply felt story that takes on the heartbreaking plight of Native Americans, a much maligned people who are caught in the tragic throes of history, our homegrown genocide. The story hinges on a friendship between a world-weary Native American man and a well-intentioned white man, two characters who are revealed in full honesty and complexity. Making people place, the author paints settings (in Montana and Maine) in evocative detail—the landscapes, the human habitations, the cultural milieu. And the author accomplishes it all with a controlled and convincing hand, an indication of much more terrific work to come.Jeff Renard Allen
Fiction judge, 2016 Montana Book Festival Emerging Writers Contest
“Sweat,” Pilgrimage, Vol. 40, Double Issue No. 1-2
“Reservations,” Montana Book Festival website feature, 2016
“Other Bars,”Cirque, Vol. 6, No. 1
“Beauty,” BareBackPress, June 2014
“Empty,” Menda City Review, Issue 24
“Horticulture,”Swamp Biscuits & Tea, Issue 5
“Fireman,” Paper Tape, Fall 2012.
“Rosewood,” Pitkin Review, Fall 2009.
Chosen as editor’s fiction pick.
“The Boy,” Inkspeak
“Finding A Way Forward, Together,” The Chronicle of Higher Education